From Lisbon Airport (Portela) to IST Alameda campus is a 10 minutes’ drive. Lisbon Airport is very close to the city centre – it is located 7km from the centre – and there are different alternatives to get there, namely by Metro to Aerobus, city bus Carris or by taxi. If you choose the metro to go from the airport straight to IST, you have the red line (linha vermelha) and you should exit in Alameda or Saldanha station. It takes around 15 to 20 minutes and costs €1,40 plus €0,50 for the “viva viagem” rechargeable card.
Taxis allow you to arrive in IST from any point in the city, but of course the tariff also increases according to the distance, traffic and day time. An airport-IST trip is around 10 EUR. Taxis might charge a supplement of approx. 1,60€ for luggage and are more expensive on weekends and nights.
Located in the center of Lisbon, the Alameda campus is well served by a public transport network of city buses and an underground subway system which reaches out to the outskirts of the city.
The following buses stop near IST – Alameda campus:
- Rovisco Pais/Av. António José de Almeida (side entrances): 720, 742, 767.
- Alameda: 708 (bike bus), 717, 718, 720, 735, 767; night bus: 206, 208.
- Saldanha/Arco do Cego: 713, 716, 720, 726, 727, 736, 738, 742, 744, 767, 783; night bus: 207.
For further information visit the Carris bus company website.
There are two subway stations near the campus, one on each side. At each station two subway tunnels connect:
- Saldanha metro station: Yellow Line (Linha amarela) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
- Alameda metro station: Green Line (Linha verde) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
For further information visit the Lisbon Metro website.